DEFINITION: Conflict Assessment Framework (CAF) is designed to identify key variables affecting conflict (including social, ethnic, political, economic, environmental) and reach a list of factors that most critically affect conflict. The CAF also examines how these variables are linked with poverty.
Conflict assessment framework is the map that shows different ways shareholders or conflicted partners see or view their conflict.
Conflict assessment is the first component of good strategic peace building. When taking conflict assessment one is recommended to use S.W.O.T which stands for Strength +Weakness +Opportunity +Threats. Conflict assessment assesses resources that contribute to the conflict, persons involved or level of foreign interference and above all persona who has the power to reach out to the majority at particular conflict to make effective peace thus identifying conflict influencers
Conflict assessment refers to the narrowly use of specific Conflict Assessment Framework (C.A.F).
BENEFITS OF CONFLICT ASSESSMENT FRAMEWORK
- To shed light on the underlying factors of conflict.
- Shed light to those that fuel or support of the conflict
- To Highlight potential areas of concern
- So as to highlight potential opportunities to effectively take part in resolving the conflict between parties.
- Most importantly to shed light potential conflict leverage areas.
An organization must first of all do self-assessment of the organizations actions +attitudes and identify its interest on the conflict. In order to conduct conflict assessment framework the organization ought to come up with the following aspects of conflict assessment
- A better understanding of the conflict
- Its ought to must anticipate conflict / have warning alarms
- Batter forge common understanding
After information gathering the goal of any organization wishing to establish common grounds among the conflicted parties is remained with two main objective…….